At 10 weeks, you are a quarter way through the pregnancy journey. The baby starts getting stronger and bigger with each passing day. Only a few more weeks are remaining for the first trimester to end. With the third month of pregnancy, the vital organs of the baby are formed. The fetus gains enough strength during this stage of pregnancy. However, there is a long way till the baby gets ready to be delivered.
Size of your baby:
The size of your baby at this stage resembles a kumquat or strawberry.
Weight/Height of your baby:
The weight of your baby at this stage is around 4 grams (0.14 oz) and the length of your baby is around 2.54 to 3 cm (1-2 inches).
About your baby:
The vital organs of your baby are all formed with complete functioning capability. Your baby is able to gulp the amniotic fluid with the rapid movement of the legs and arms, and the skin of your baby has small hairs with tiny nails. The bones and ligaments of your baby have started to form as your baby’s joints are in working condition allowing the hands and feet to move rapidly. The skin of your baby is still translucent with the visible spine and your baby’s head is larger to the rest of the body. The gums and teeth of the baby are also developing and the facial features of your baby at this stage are well-defined.
About your body:
Look for maternity clothes at this stage as your bump has started to appear. The size of the uterus increases which resembles an orange. You’ll still experience symptoms similar to the first trimester i.e. enlarged breasts, tender and sore breasts, fatigue, tiredness, frequent urination, mood swings, morning sickness, and larger veins with increased vaginal discharge.
Do & Don’ts / Advice / Checklist / Tips:
- Try altering your wardrobe with maternity clothes
- Maintain a balanced and healthy diet with proper water intake in order to stay hydrated at all times
- Consume healthy fruits and vegetables in order to gain essential nutrients
- Consume enough amounts of calcium
- Indulge in healthy cravings rather than the sugary foods
- Think about the baby names
- Start planning some nursery ideas
- Schedule your screening test for the first trimester