With the start of week 22, you might feel clumsy as most of your abdominal space is taken up by your little one. The uterus stretches to around 2cm during this stage and your baby becomes very active making intense movements within the belly. The movements become stronger, noticeable and more frequent.
The size of the baby
The size of your precious baby resembles a carrot at this stage!
Weight/height of the baby
The height of your baby at this stage is around 28.8 cm while the weight of your baby is around 478 grams.
About your baby
Your baby is physically active with rapid movements of the limbs during this week. However, the fatty tissues have not yet developed due to which your baby is still thin. Your baby lies in the upright position during this stage for at least 6 to 7 weeks and the internal organs of your baby are rapidly growing with wrinkled skin covered by fine hairs called lanugo. You can easily distinguish eyelids from eyebrows at this stage with the complete formation of eyes. During week 22, the liver starts producing essential enzymes for the breakdown of bilirubin. Your baby starts rubbing the torso, legs, and face during this week and he or she will now respond to light and voices during this stage! The sensory system of your baby starts to develop during this stage where they can perceive dark and light surroundings. Finally, your little will can now hear your heartbeat and your voice as well.
About your body
As you progress through the weeks, you might feel a little discomfort due to the increased weight gained during this week and the rest of the pregnancy. You will experience visible stretch marks over the belly with an increased size of the uterus. The symptoms which you might experience during week 22 include abdominal pain, constipation, gas, varicose veins, nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps, Braxton hick’s contractions, pelvic pressure, increased libido, haemorrhoids, backaches, enhanced vaginal discharge along with increased snoring.
Do & Don’ts / Advice / Checklist / Tips
• Consume prenatal vitamins and folic acid supplements
• Eat a healthy and balanced diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables
• Avoid smoking, alcohol or increased consumption of caffeine
• Perform light exercises throughout pregnancy in order to stay active and super healthy
• If you’ll require childcare then start searching for it
• Stat preparations for the nursery room
• If you are planning to have a maternity shoot, arrange a photographer
• Take the birthing classes
• Get enough calcium in your diet
• Evaluate your weight in order to avoid excessive weight gain