You are about to complete your second trimester in 2 weeks as you enter week 27 of pregnancy! This is a huge milestone for both your baby and you. Do ensure to get lots of rest, stay healthy and active.
Size of your baby:
The size of your baby resembles the size of a cauliflower head.
Weight / Height of your baby:
The weight of your baby is around 907 grams (2 pounds) while the height of your baby is around 36.6 cm (14.4 inches).
About your baby:
The rapid development of your baby is taking place during the last few weeks. With the end of week 27, the head of your baby will face downwards due to gravity. The eyes of your baby is about to develop during this stage with scheduled sleeping patterns, and the brain of your baby continues the development with the response towards different sounds and temperature changes.
About your body:
You’ll experience increased appetite with weight gain during week 27. You might experience insomnia and sleep difficulties if your baby is more active at night time. You will also experience your baby hiccups as he/she breathes within the amniotic fluid. Apart from this, heartburn and indigestion will also arise, hence do eat lighter and frequent meals to avoid them.
Rest is very important during this stage to avoid restlessness and avoid exposing yourself to an extremely hot temperature. Your belly feels stretched and itchy so moisturise frequently to promote elasticity and prevent the formation of stretch marks.
The symptoms that you might experience during week 27 include food cravings, chest pain or shortness of breath, indigestion, heartburn, bloating, and difficulty during sleep.
Do & Don’ts / Advice / Checklist / Tips:
- Try to purchase the essential baby supplies
- Prepare your hospital bag and buy essential hospital supplies which you might need
- Avoid skipping meals at this stage and keep yourself hydrated at all times
- Read more about newborn babies
- Indulge in stress relaxation techniques to avoid any stress.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet including fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, lean meat and others
- Perform light exercises and yoga to stay healthy and fit. Avoid sports activities and lifting exercises
- Moisturize your stretch marks to avoid itchy skin or rashes